A&J Mixing Is Here To Help With Buying Mistakes
We have been in the industry long enough to see common mistakes made in the buying process. The following is a guide to navigate the problems that typically come up while picking mixers & agitators. If you have any other questions feel free to contact us by phone or email today!
Buying on price and assuming all quotations are the same and that your costs will be the same.
- Most vendors make the mistake of not having shop check out – they don’t supply enough of the system to be able to, so you pay at start up for their mistakes.
- Have the vendors list what you have to supply. Are they going to specify and take responsibility, or are you assuming the responsibility for operation of the system? Are all the valves in?
- Is the vendor measuring the ingredients or do you need another system to do that as well as supplying the control system
Buying a system that is too small and lacks flexibility.
- Check how the system is sized. A common mistake comes from the myth that some mixers can mix at 40% over their rated capacity and that is your safety margin. This can be dangerous and you run the risk of the mixer not performing as advertised. In addition, spray nozzles need space to break the liquid into droplets. When mixers are overloaded, this space does not exist.
Not having easy access to clean, particularly if you are applying medications.
- That includes the mixer and the discharge hopper.
Expecting the mixer to overcome all the randomness in the supply chain, and through another randomization process is expected to even it all out.
- You should use demo equipment and make sure the end product is the same as your expectations, especially in appearance if that is critical.
These are just a few of the big mistakes made in the buying process. As a long time industry leader, we value getting the right information out above all else. We are available as a resource to anyone in the industry and ready to answer any question you may have. Check out some of our latest PHLAUER products!